Casa Leonardo is an environmentally friendly rural hotel that offers numerous ecotourism activities.
At Casa Leonardo we are fully aware of the fragility of our environment and our obligation to conserve it so that our children can enjoy it too. We thus are committed to carrying out pro-active measures aimed at protecting and preserving the environment that will help avoid any overuse of scarce resources and reduce the contamination we generate.
Thanks to our environmentally friendly policies, Casa Leonardo has been granted the EU’s Ecolabel, and the Catalan government has awarded us with a Guaranteed Environmental Quality Distinction:
- We separate all our waste.
- We have installed water-saving systems.
- We use energy-efficient systems.
- We use locally manufactured craft products (Aixovar bedspreads, Akarona soaps, etc.) whose production processes we know and trust. In this way, we help stimulate the local economy and save on the energy costs of transport. We buy a minimum of wrapped and packaged goods and do not offer clients individually wrapped or single-use products.
- We have lovingly restored our house without damaging the essence of its traditional architecture. We give priority to quality, durable materials that provide greater warmth and harmony to the house as a whole.
- We offer and promote ecotourism activities.
In October 2013, Casa Leonardo was awarded the Catalan Sustainable Tourism Prize in the category of ‘Best Small Accommodation’ in recognition of our longstanding work in the field of sustainable tourism and the creation of a locally based economic activity – El Cinquè Llac long-distance footpath – in the counties of Alta Ribagorça and Els Pallars.
Casa Leonardo was also awarded the Catalan Sustainable Tourism Prize in the category ‘Best Contribution to the Local Economy’ in recognition of our role in fostering local values via the rediscovery and promotion of local tangible and intangible heritage, and the promotion of sustainable modes of transport (slow transport).
Casa Leonardo is a sustainable country-house hotel that respects the local environment and offers ecotourism activities.
Enjoy the harmonious natural surroundings and an ‘ecotourism’ stay in our hotel, from where you have easy access to the Vall Fosca, Aigüestortes i Sant Maurici National Park, and the stunning Romanesque churches of the Vall de Boí and other Pyrenean valleys.